Nitehawk Cinema • Established 2011 • Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Nitehawk Cinema is New York’s original cinema eatery; an Independent movie house bringing a selective approach to film, food, and drinks.
Nitehawk offers audiences an unparalleled cinematic experience by combining exemplary first-run and repertory film programming along with tableside food and beverage service in all theaters. Complementing our menu items of gourmet concessions, house-made small plates and entrees, local beers, and handcrafted cocktails, Nitehawk’s team creates specialty dishes and drinks inspired by our films. Our unique Signature Series programming includes LIVE + SOUND + CINEMA, Country Brunchin’, Nitehawk Naughties, Nitehawk Nasties, The Works, Music Driven, and Art Seen. The Cinema also presents thirty-minute “Pre-shows” tailored to each movie that feature local filmmakers and clips curated by our cinema department.
Our Williamsburg location is a triplex, hosting a 92 and 60-seat theater along with our intimate 28-seat theater. Nitehawk’s upstairs lobby and bar plays selected movies to watch while you wait. The beautiful downstairs bar, Lo-Res offers full-service food and drink service.
We Changed the Law…
Setting a historical precedent, Nitehawk Cinema is single-handedly responsible for the groundbreaking overturn of the prohibition-era New York State liquor law that made serving alcohol in motion picture theaters illegal. Nitehawk celebrated Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s signing the new law allowing moviegoers to enjoy an adult beverage at their theater seats a mere three months after the Cinema’s opening date. And thus, a new era of boozy film viewing in Brooklyn (and beyond) began!
How Things Work at Nitehawk
Our theaters begin seating 30 minutes prior to each ticketed showtime.
During this thirty-minute period we feature our signature Pre-show and provide guests with ample time to get settled in their seats and place food or drink orders directly with the theater servers. Servers will check for your ticket so please hold onto your tickets and have them readily available at your seat. Seating is first come, first serve, so we recommend arriving about 45 minutes prior to each showtime. Early guests can also enjoy a drink at our lobby bar before we seat the theater.
At Nitehawk you can order food and beverages throughout feature presentation by using our basic flag system. You’ll find paper and pencil at each table to write down any orders – simply write down your order and post it up in front of you. A server will come by and pick up your order! Towards the end of the film your server will come by to see if you need anything else, drop off your tab, and take care of payment before the credits roll. Our service staff is pretty awesome so please remember to tip early and often!
$11 for General Admission
$9 for Children (6 yrs – 11 yrs old) and Seniors (60 yrs and older)
$16 for movies featuring live entertainment
- Nitehawk is an 18+ theater, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. For the sanity of our staff and fellow patrons, we insist there is no talking or texting during our films. Nitehawk reserves the right to ask you to leave the screening without refund if you continue to disturb others.
- No reserve seating. Seating is on a first-come/first-serve basis, however you are welcome to save up to 4 seats (including your own), as long as you possess up to 4 tickets (including your own).
- For kid friendly screenings, there must be at least one adult up to 3 children.
- It is a well advertised policy that tickets, once purchased, are not eligible for refund or exchange. In special circumstances, we do offer passes instead of refunds, good Mon-Thu (except holidays).
- No outside food or drink is allowed at Nitehawk Cinema.