- $12 for General Admission
- $9 for Children (6 yrs – 11 yrs old) and Seniors (60 yrs and older)
- $16 for movies featuring live entertainment and/or special guests
- Variable ticket prices for Nitehawk’s Film Feasts and cultural events
Nitehawk Cinema • Established 2011 • Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Nitehawk Cinema is New York’s premier dine-in theater, pairing exemplary first-run and repertory film programming along with tableside food and beverage service.
Every Nitehawk cinematic experience strives to enhance the audience’s viewing with a creative framework whether by creating a specialty menu with fresh, local house-made ingredients inspired by the films we love, a live band accompaniment or special guest Q&As. Unique Signature Series programming includes LIVE SOUND CINEMA, Music Driven, Local Color, Art Seen, Film Feasts, Booze & Books, Country Brunchin’, Nitehawk Naughties, Nitehawk Nasties, highlighting a wide and diverse range of film spanning from rare 35mm prints to new independent films. Special programming for weekend brunches and midnites can also be experienced each month. Each film also begins with a tailored thirty-minute “pre-show” filled with content inspired by the film.
In 2011, Nitehawk overturned a prohibition-era state liquor law banning alcohol in theaters, becoming the first dine-in theater to open in New York. Located at 136 Metropolitan Avenue at Berry Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Nitehawk is a triplex, hosting 92-, 60- and 34-seat theaters. Lo-Res, Nitehawk’s downstairs bar, offers full-service food and drink, and outdoor seating during the warmer months, featuring handcrafted cocktails, local brews and distillers.
We Changed the Law…
Setting a historical precedent, Nitehawk Cinema is single-handedly responsible for the groundbreaking overturn of the prohibition-era New York State liquor law that made serving alcohol in motion picture theaters illegal. Nitehawk celebrated Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s signing the new law allowing moviegoers to enjoy an adult beverage at their theater seats a mere three months after the Cinema’s opening date. And thus, a new era of boozy film viewing in Brooklyn (and beyond) began!
How Things Work at Nitehawk
Our theaters begin seating 30 minutes prior to each ticketed showtime. During this 30 minute period we feature our signature Pre-show and provide guests with ample time to get settled in their seats and place food or drink orders directly with the theater servers. Servers will check for your ticket so please hold onto your tickets and have them readily available at your seat. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so we recommend arriving roughly 40 minutes prior to showtime. Early guests can also enjoy a drink at our lobby bar before we seat the theater.
At Nitehawk you can order food and beverages throughout feature presentation by using our basic flag system. You’ll find paper and pencil at each table to write down any orders – simply write down your order and post it up in front of you. A server will come by and pick up your order! Towards the end of the film your server will come by to see if you need anything else, drop off your tab, and take care of payment before the credits roll. Our service staff is pretty awesome so please remember to tip!
Nitehawk Seating & Age Policy
- To ensure the proper viewing experience for your fellow patrons, we insist there is no talking or any phone use during our films. Nitehawk reserves the right to ask you to leave the screening without refund if you continue to disturb others.
- No reserved seating. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. All tickets are General Admission. You are welcome to save up to 4 seats (including your own), as long as you possess up to 4 tickets (including your own). Please plan on arriving 30-40 mins prior to showtime.
- Nitehawk is an 18+ theater. Kids aged 6 and up are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by an adult. There must be at least one adult with up to 3 kids. Kids under 6 years are permitted to attend only films marked as Kid Friendly on the film page. Our weekly Hawks with Babies showings are geared toward caretakers with infants under the age of 1.
- It is a well-advertised policy that tickets, once purchased, are not eligible for refund or exchange. In special circumstances, we do offer general admission passes instead of refunds. Passes may be used Monday-Thursday for a film that has played for at least a week (except holidays and special events).
- No outside food or drink is allowed at Nitehawk Cinema.