Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- SUMMER OF SURREALISM
- JULY BRUNCH & MIDNITE: BURN N' RUBBER
- AUGUST BRUNCH: A REASONABLE LENGTH
- AUGUST MIDNITE: BITE THIS!
- Nitehawk Cinema & Tribeca Film Institute® Summer Documentary Series
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- SEPTEMBER BRUNCH & MIDNITE: 1994
- Rating: R
- Run Time: 100 minutes
- Director: Paul Rachman
- Starring: Keith Morris, Mike Watt, Ian MacKaye, Henry Rollins, Bobby Steele, Kevin Seconds
- Format: 35mm
- Year: 2006
- Language: English
- Age Policy: 18 and Up
Q&As with filmmaker Paul Rachman on Saturday and writer Steven Blush on Sunday.
Nitehawk and Noisey present July’s MUSIC DRIVEN FILM American Hardcore – witness the radical birth and explosion of the socio-political underground movement brought to America by Reagan-era misfits.
Based on the book American Hardcore: A Tribal History written by Steven Blush (who wrote the film), this incredible documentary focuses on the birth and evolution of the hardcore punk rock seen from the late 1970s to mid-1980s. Including archival footage and feature interviews with members of bands such as Bad Brains, Minor Threat, The Minutemen, Black Flag, Circle Circles, and D.O.A., American Hardcore focuses on the seminal influence of the Los Angeles punk scene and how the hardcore explosion spread east. From Flipper to Big Boys, the American Hardcore soundtrack also boasts some of the best songs from the era.