Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- NOVEMBER MIDNITE: UK MODERN HORROR
- NOVEMBER BRUNCH: OH, THE DRAMA
- DECEMBER MIDNITE: XMAS CHOPPING
- DECEMBER BRUNCH: ALL YOU WANT FOR XMAS
- NEW YEAR’S WEEKEND AT NITEHAWK
- JANUARY BRUNCH: THE PERFECT CRIME
- JANUARY MIDNITE: I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!
F FOR FAKE
- Rating: PG
- Run Time: 89 minutes
- Director: Orson Welles
- Starring: Orson Welles, Oja Kodar, and Joseph Cotten
- Format: 35mm
- Year: 1973
- Language: English, Spanish, French
- Age Policy: 18 and Up
Nitehawk’s new signature series ART SEEN launches with Orson Welles’ filmic documentary on fraud and fakery, F for Fake.
There is no other film quite like Orson Welles’ F for Fake. Based in the story of world-renowned art forger Elmyr de Hory and his infamous biographer Clifford Irving (author of the controversial and fake Howard Hughes biography), this pseudo-documentary is a magic trick all its own. Juxtaposing the real life narratives of these “fakes” with fictional montages featuring Welles, F for Fake is a devious exploration begging the audience to question: what’s real here?
Before the film: our “Artist Film Club” will be screening the video work Untitled #142 (Bob Coe from Wasco) by artist Josh Azzarella. We will also show Emily’s Video by Eva and Franco Mattes that was selected by Nitehawk as part of our partnership with Moving Image Art Fair.
About Art Seen: Nitehawk’s Art Seen is a unique monthly art-focused program showing artist documentaries, the art world in film, and artist-directed features. Screening before each Art Seen film is our “Artist Film Club” where Nitehawk programmers and guest curators present an artist moving image program. Art Seen aims to introduce and revisit some of these fantastic lives lived in the world of art as seen on film.