Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- SUMMER OF SURREALISM
- JULY BRUNCH & MIDNITE: BURN N' RUBBER
- AUGUST BRUNCH: A REASONABLE LENGTH
- AUGUST MIDNITE: BITE THIS!
- Nitehawk Cinema & Tribeca Film Institute® Summer Documentary Series
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- SEPTEMBER BRUNCH & MIDNITE: 1994
- Rating: NR
- Run Time: 120 minutes
- Director: Alfred Hitchock
- Starring: Karen Black, Bruce Dern, William Devane, and Barbara Harris.
- Format: DCP
- Year: 1976
- Language: English
- Age Policy: 18
Fake psychics, a family inheritance, forced adoption, faked deaths, jewelry, automobiles, twists, turns, blondes, suspense, and of course…murder.
While somewhat light-hearted, Family Plot is still a suspenseful film by Alfred Hitchcock so revealing too much of the plot defeats the whole purpose of experiencing it in the cinema. Still, we will say that Karen Black stars as Fran, part of a kidnapping and jewelry heist duo, who winds up involved in a plot to receive a family inheritance initiated by a faux-psychic/con-artist. As Hitchcock does so well, characters and plots intertwine, providing revealing clues to the audience while the people on-screen still solve the mystery and get the money. Plus, Karen Black personifies the ultimate Hitchcock woman by wearing a blond wig.
Part of The Works: Karen Black retrospective series.