Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- NOVEMBER MIDNITE: UK MODERN HORROR
- NOVEMBER BRUNCH: OH, THE DRAMA
- DECEMBER MIDNITE: XMAS CHOPPING
- DECEMBER BRUNCH: ALL YOU WANT FOR XMAS
- NEW YEAR’S WEEKEND AT NITEHAWK
- JANUARY BRUNCH: THE PERFECT CRIME
- JANUARY MIDNITE: I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!
- Rating: NR
- Run Time: 115 Mins / 125 Event minutes
- Director: Jem Cohen
- Starring: Ian MacKay, Guy Picciotto, Joe Lally, Brendan Canty
- Format: Digital
- Year: 1999
- Language: English
- Age Policy: 18 and Up
For One Nite Only, Nitehawk Cinema and Noisey present the Fugazi documentary INSTRUMENT. Filmmaker Jem Cohen in person!
A beautiful mix of visuals from 16mm, 8mm, and video shot by Jem Cohen melds with sync-sound by the legendary Washington D.C. band Fugazi in the stunning documentary, Instrument. Wholly original, you wouldn’t expect Fugazi to do anything traditional and their documentary is no exception. Covering a ten year period, from 1987-1996, Instrument provides access to stage shows, rehearsals, recording sessions and interviews with their fans. It extends beyond a portrait of a band and bleeds into a specific time period in music that is so close to many hearts. Named after one of the songs on their 1993 album In On the Kill Taker, the documentary also spawned one of the best soundtracks in history.