Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- DECEMBER MIDNITE: XMAS CHOPPING
- DECEMBER BRUNCH: ALL YOU WANT FOR XMAS
- NEW YEAR’S WEEKEND AT NITEHAWK
- JANUARY BRUNCH: THE PERFECT CRIME
- JANUARY MIDNITE: I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!
- FEBRUARY MIDNITE: TWISTED ROMANCE
- FEBRUARY BRUNCH: I CHOO-CHOO-CHOOSE YOU
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
- Rating: R
- Run Time: 122 Film Mins / 152 Event minutes
- Director: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
- Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson, Kelly Macdonald
- Format: Digital
- Year: 2007
- Language: English
- Age Policy: 18 and Up
Part of our month long celebration of the Coen Brothers, Nitehawk’s January Country Brunchin’ presentation is No Country for Old Men featuring a live pre-show performance by Tatters & Rags.
Heralded as an instant classic upon release, Joel and Ethan Coen’s No Country for Old Men puts a very dark twist on the western genre’s “good guys versus bad guys” motif. Set in rural Texas, welder/hunter Llewelyn Moss (Josh Brolin) finds two dead drug runners and absconds with their two million dollars. Cue psychopath serial killer Anton Chigurh (played brilliantly by Javier Bardem) who deadpan kills everyone in his path to get back his money. And while this story provides the violently tense backdrop, it’s the laconic and older sheriff Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones) who, overwhelmed at the impossibility of rectifying these crimes in the new landscape around him, is the film title’s referent. Let’s just say no one wins the coin toss in this scenario.
Tatters & Rags have been playing since 2008, at times being a drone post-punk folk band, other times being a sweaty, whiskey-fueled electric honky-tonk band. Fans of the band state that their eclecticism is part of their charm, and it’s always accompanied by a frenetic energy that makes them one of the most exciting live bands in New York City.