Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- NOVEMBER MIDNITE: UK MODERN HORROR
- NOVEMBER BRUNCH: OH, THE DRAMA
- DECEMBER MIDNITE: XMAS CHOPPING
- DECEMBER BRUNCH: ALL YOU WANT FOR XMAS
- NEW YEAR’S WEEKEND AT NITEHAWK
- JANUARY BRUNCH: THE PERFECT CRIME
- JANUARY MIDNITE: I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!
- Rating: R
- Run Time: 91 minutes
- Director: Brian De Palma
- Starring: John Lithgow, Lolita Davidovich and Steven Bauer
- Format: Digtal
- Year: 1992
- Language: English
- Age Policy: 18 and up
Multiple personalities murderously collide in this psychological thriller.
There’s a lot going on in Raising Cain. Respected child psychologist Dr. Carter Nix (John Lithgow) has a multiple personality disorder that manifests into many versions of “Cain”. Carter/Cain also has a very unhealthy method of procuring small children. It’s all here in this psychological crime thriller: father issues, adulterous wife, mental instability, childhood trauma, horrific murders. Very Hitchcockian. Some say Raising Cain’s shock ending is “influenced” by Dario Argento’s giallo Tenebre which, really, only endears it more to us.
Part of Nitehawk’s THE WORKS – BRIAN DE PALMA series.