Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- KEVIN GEEKS OUT
- NOVEMBER BRUNCH: L.A. STRANGE
- DECEMBER BRUNCH AND MIDNITE: NITEHAWK SAVES XMAS
- NITEHAWK HOLIDAYS 2015
- NEW YEAR’S WEEKEND AT NITEHAWK
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- JANUARY MIDNITE: THE LEGEND OF 90S KUNG FU
- JANUARY BRUNCH: ON THE QT
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
- Rating: R
- Run Time: 118 minutes
- Director: John Badham
- Starring: John Travolta, Karen Lynn Gorney, Barry Miller
- Format: DCP
- Year: 1977
- Language: English
- Age Policy: 18 and Up
For Tony Manero there’s only one way out of Brooklyn and it begins on the disco floor!
The soundtrack, the dancing, the chin – Saturday Night Fever is THE cultural touchstone of the disco era. This seemingly fluff disco depiction we’ve all grown to love houses a deep dark tale, one that shows a desperation to succeed, the desire to move onto better things, and the fear of failure. In his defining role John Travolta, with his polyester pants and thrusting hips, deals with the harsh reality of trying to make it big when you come from so little. But he’ll make it happen across the bridge in New York City but, whatever you do, don’t touch the hair!
Brooklyn Based: Tony Manero’s home and much of the film is located in Bay Ridge.
Part of Nitehawk’s THX BKLYN November series.