Sign Up For Our Newsletter
S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Limited Run & Special Events
- ONE NITE ONLY
- NITEHAWK MIDNITE SCREENINGS
- NITEHAWK BRUNCH SCREENINGS
- LIL' HAWK FRIENDLY
- HAWKS WITH BABIES
- INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEKEND AT NITEHAWK
- KEVIN GEEKS OUT
- SPOONS, TOONS & BOOZE
- LITTLE BOOKWORMS
- COMEDIANS IN FILM
- SPECIAL EVENTS - COMEDIANS IN FILM
- WOMEN IN COMEDY
- THE SERIOUS COMEDIAN
- LATE NITE COMEDIANS
- NITEHAWK CINEMA & TRIBECA SUMMER DOC SERIES
NITEHAWK SHORTS FESTIVAL
Nitehawk Cinema’s fourth annual NITEHAWK SHORTS FESTIVAL
November 8 – 13, 2016
Nitehawk Cinema’s fourth annual Nitehawk Shorts Festival features six days of short films under twenty-minutes with our Opening Nite, Music Driven, Art Seen, Midnite, and weekend Matinee screenings. The festival also includes an opening night celebration and Filmmakers’ Gathering in our bar, Lo-Res. Programs consist of short films in all forms (animation, documentary, narrative, non-narrative, artist films, music videos, horror) by local, national, and international filmmakers.
Early Submission for the 2016 Nitehawk Shorts Festival is now open!
We accept submissions of short films in all forms (animation, documentary, narrative, non-narrative) by local, national, and international filmmakers in three categories: General Festival Screening, Midnite Festival Screening, and Music Video/Doc screening. Films must have been completed between 2014-2016.
Early Submission ($20): July 5, 2016 by 6pm EST
Regular Submission ($30): August 2, 2016 by 6pm EST
Late Submission ($50): August 22, 2016 by 6pm EST
PRIZES & SPONSORS
The Nitehawk Shorts Festival is sponsored by HEARD CITY. HUFFINGTON POST ARTS & CULTURE is the Media Sponsor for the 2016 Nitehawk Shorts Festival. Complimentary cocktails courtesy of JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY.
- Festival Jury Winner: post-production sound services from HEARD CITY (valued at $16k) and post-production coloring services from NICE SHOES ($20k value).
- Festival Jury Runner-Up: gift certificate from B&H ($1500 value) and Pro-Account from VIMEO.
- Cinematography Award: equipment donation from PANAVISON ($7500 value).
- Huffington Post Arts Impact Award: Awarded to the 2016 Nitehawk Shorts Festival submission that best shines a light on a timely political, social or cultural issue resonating around the world, the winner will be selected by a small panel of HuffPost Arts & Culture writers and editors. The winner will be profiled in a Huffington Post Arts & Culture feature, and will have the opportunity to screen their film at our New York City headquarters.
- Audience Choice Awards: Pro-Accounts from VIMEO (eligible during Opening Nite, Midnite, Matinee One and Matinee Two).
The mission of the Nitehawk Shorts Festival is to highlight exceptional short-form film and videos by artists and filmmakers. The Festival’s main slate programming features a range of filmmakers, from emerging film school students to Academy Award nominees, in curated screenings that prioritize conversations between the films over categorical listings. With a focus on those working in New York, the Nitehawk Shorts Festival provides a platform for local, national, and international filmmakers to encourage an engagement with new audiences and to establish a dialogue with the New York/Brooklyn film community.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.