Sign Up For Our Newsletter
S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Limited Run & Special Events
NITEHAWK SHORTS FESTIVAL
Nitehawk Cinema’s fourth annual NITEHAWK SHORTS FESTIVAL
November 9 – 13, 2016
Nitehawk Cinema’s fourth annual Nitehawk Shorts Festival features six screenings of short films under twenty-minutes with our Opening Nite, Music Driven, Art Seen, Midnite, and weekend Matinee screenings. The festival also includes an opening night celebration and Filmmakers’ Gathering in our bar, Lo-Res. Programs consist of short films in all forms (animation, documentary, narrative, non-narrative, artist films, music videos, horror) by local, national, and international filmmakers.
Can’t wait until the festival? Visit the Nitehawk Shorts Festival Project page on Vimeo to see past festival winners and favorites!
PRIZES & SPONSORS
The Nitehawk Shorts Festival is sponsored by HEARD CITY. HUFFINGTON POST ARTS & CULTURE is the Media Sponsor for the 2016 Nitehawk Shorts Festival. Complimentary cocktails courtesy of JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY.
- Festival Jury Winner: post-production sound services from HEARD CITY (valued at $16k) and post-production coloring services from NICE SHOES ($20k value).
- Festival Jury Runner-Up: gift certificate from B&H ($1500 value) and Pro-Account from VIMEO.
- Cinematography Award: equipment donation from PANAVISON ($7500 value).
- Huffington Post Arts Impact Award: Awarded to the 2016 Nitehawk Shorts Festival submission that best shines a light on a timely political, social or cultural issue resonating around the world, the winner will be selected by a small panel of HuffPost Arts & Culture writers and editors. The winner will be profiled in a Huffington Post Arts & Culture feature, and will have the opportunity to screen their film at our New York City headquarters.
- Audience Choice Awards: Pro-Accounts from VIMEO (eligible during Opening Nite, Midnite, Matinee One and Matinee Two).
The mission of the Nitehawk Shorts Festival is to highlight exceptional short-form film and videos by artists and filmmakers. The Festival’s main slate programming features a range of filmmakers, from emerging film school students to Academy Award nominees, in curated screenings that prioritize conversations between the films over categorical listings. With a focus on those working in New York, the Nitehawk Shorts Festival provides a platform for local, national, and international filmmakers to encourage an engagement with new audiences and to establish a dialogue with the New York/Brooklyn film community.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.